Please fill all the fields to join BPDCompany portal
BPDCompany Terms and Conditions
Uniform (Children’s class only)
Ballet : Ballet shoes, these must be from a dance shop or online dance shop NOT from the high street, (elastics sewn across instep of foot please ask if unsure)
Baby/Mini Ballet: Aqua Ballet Dress and ballet tights. Boys : BPDC T-shirt and shorts or Boys Ballet Tights and Unitard. (please speak to Bron if unsure) These items should be purchased from Dancia International - They have our uniform list.
Junior Ballet: Aqua Ballet Leotard and ballet tights. Boys : BPDC T-shirt and shorts or Boys Ballet Tights and Unitard. (please speak to Bron if unsure) These items should be purchased from Dancia International - They have our uniform list.
Inter Ballet : BPDC T-shirt, Black leotard and Tights. Hair should be up and off the face. Boys : BPDC T-shirt and shorts or Boys Ballet Tights and Unitard - These items should be purchased from Dancia International - They have our uniform list.
Mini/Juniors : If attending Ballet before Lyrical Ballet uniform as above OR Bare feet/jazz/ballet shoes, black/BPDC leggings, BPDC T-shirt. Boys: BPDC Tshirt and Black Shorts/ tracksuit bottoms.
Inters: Black Tights/Ballet Tights and Leotard and BPDC Tshirt. Hair should be up and off the face. Boys : BPDC T-shirt and shorts/Tracksuit bottoms.
All Ages: Trainers/Jazz shoes/Dance Trainers , BPDC T-shirt, black/BPDC leggings or black tracksuit bottoms. Hair should be back off the face either up or with a hair band.
When you give us your details we promise to do our best to keep them secure.
We may use your data to contact you in relation to;
• news updates about the school • information relating to lesson/show details • fees • emergency notifications (such as changes to planned lessons etc) • records of fees paid and outstanding (and any agreed payment terms) • any other information relevant to the school and your/ your child’s lessons and progress.
In addition, we will use any data relating to medical conditions to ensure that we are able to provide a safe environment for you / your child.
By ticking the GDPR box in your enrolment form, you consent to:
1. BPDCompany sending information that is relevant to you/ your child's dance education by phone, email, text and written communication.
2. BPDCompany holding and processing data in relation to your/ your child’s medical condition.
Please note that you may withdraw this consent at any time by notifying us at our main business email address.
Half a term's notice in writing is required for cancellation of classes.
Half a term’s fees will be charged if notice is not given.
By clicking yes to this agreement you are bound to the terms and conditions above for the duration of your time at BPDCompany.
2. WHAT INFORMATION DOES BPDCOMPANY HAVE ABOUT ME? When you participate in or sign up to any of BPDCompany’s classes, activities, workshops we may collect and store personal information about you. Depending on how you are engaging with us this can consist of information such as: - your name - email address - postal address - telephone or mobile number - date of birth - medical conditions (within reason) - contact preferences - still and moving pictures By submitting your details, you enable us to provide you with the information regarding the services that you have selected and provide a safe teaching environment.
4. HOW WILL YOU USE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION? We will use your information for a number of purposes including: - to provide you with information about our products, services and activities and to deal with your requests and enquiries, including complaints - for "service administration purposes", which means that we may contact you for reasons related to the service or activity you signed up for (eg, invoices, or change of details regarding a class you are enrolled in, etc) - to contact you about an application you have made - to process your application for employment and where applicable your employment once appointed - to post any relevant examination documents As and when we need to use your personal information for reasons other than the ones specified above, we will ensure that we notify you first. You will be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above. BPDCompany does NOT share your personal information with any third parties for marketing purposes. We do NOT sell your data, and neither do we buy data from third parties.
5. BPDCOMPANY MAY CONTACT YOU: - in relation to any service or activity you have signed up for in order to ensure that we can deliver the services to you - to remind you of important deadlines and/or renewal notifications - in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about our services - to occasionally market products or services that we think may be of interest to you We will not hold more information than required and will ensure all personal data is kept up to date and used only for its specific purpose(s) as outlined above.
6. WHAT IF I DO NOT WANT DATA STORED OR CONTACT REGARDING PRODUCTS SERVICES OR EVENTS?
You have the right to ask us not to hold or use personal data however this would mean we may not be able to provide you with the full range of services available. You may opt-out of any personal data being stored and must give consent to any correspondence you wish to receive from BPDCompany. Should you decide to opt-out of any data storage you must: - stay on the premises during all classes in case of an emergency. - your child will not be able to be entered for any examination, or participate in any productions as we will not be able to process the appropriate candidate information Please note consent is not required for us to email regarding the class you are enrolled in (invoices, updates, cancellations etc) or regarding any enquires you may have contacted the school about as these fall under legitimate interest (please see next point).
7. LEGITIMATE INTEREST
We may hold or use personal data on the grounds of ‘legitimate interest’. In simple terms this means we can process personal information if we have a genuine and legitimate reason and we are not harming any of your rights and interests. This includes information we are legally required to store even after a request to be forgotten: - Names and postal address related to invoices (MUST be kept as it is required for HMRC legal tax purposes) Medical information is sensitive data and held on the grounds of legitimate interest. This data will only be processed and stored by BPDCompany when completely relevant to ensure yours or your child’s safety whilst participating in our services or activities. This data will be erased after request to be forgotten, or at any time if it becomes irrelevant
8. YOUNG USERS
If you are under 18 and you provide us with information on an application form (online or printed), your parent(s)/guardian(s) permission will be required.
9. TAKING, STORING AND USING IMAGES OF STUDENTS Certain uses of images are necessary for publicising and updating other parents of BPDCompany services and activities. Parental consent is always required before any photograph can be taken, stored or used and all are given the option to give consent for the school to take still or moving images and to use them in terms of marketing the school on: - Our website - Facebook page - Instagram - Flyers and posters - Or Internally for progress tracking If consent is given for a still or moving image of your child to be used for any of the external marketing purposes, please be informed that these are public domains and can be viewed by anyone. Should an image be used in any marketing publication, website or social media site there will be no use of names alongside images other than in special circumstances (such as getting into a dance school, or other achievements). In these very special cases parental consent will be asked, and BPDCompany will only ever use a first name to protect privacy. Any images are only taken on devices belonging to the school and stored by BPDCompany are stored electronically on a secure computer system. Any folder containing stored images has restricted access and held in password protected folders. At any time consent can be withdrawn to the taking, storing or use of images by contacting [email protected]
10.HOW LONG WILL BPDCOMPANY KEEP MY PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
We keep the information we hold about our customers and students for as long as is necessary to deliver the services we are providing you with. After leaving the school we will keep any necessary data stored securely for one year after current use before deletion in correct manner. We will store your GDPR consent form, which contains your name, child’s name and email address as the only form of personal data. This data will be stored offline in a password protected, and encrypted file. If you child has completed any British Theatre Dance Association examinations whilst at the school we will store all exam results. This will include your child’s name, BTDA ID number (as appointed by BTDA examinations board), date of any exam(s) and your child's result. This data will also be stored offline in a password protected, and encrypted file.
11. WHERE IS THE INFORMATION STORED? AND HOW IS IT PROTECTED?
BPDCompany use a variety of procedures and secure technologies to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. We store personal information you provide to us on a secure, password protected, database only accessed on our secure computer system, and by app on secured mobile devices all of which have controlled access. Data is occasionally stored on services provided by trusted third party service providers with which we have entered into data processing agreements with. Services such as event ticketing, database services, and website hosting. In these circumstances your data cannot be used unless instructed to do so by BPDCompany, Your information will not be shared with any other service providers or organisations apart from us. All data will only be used for the agreed purpose relating to the service that they are providing. Our main data processors are: - Wix (website host) - Class Manager Software (administration system) - British Theatre Dance Association (examinations body) - Facebook - Instagram All of these data processors must comply with current GDPR regulations and legislation. We do not transfer any personal data to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). The security measures described above ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to protect your personal information.
12. YOUR RIGHTS
When asked to submit personal data for enrolment purposes there will be an option for you to select which types of communications you consent to receiving from BPDCompany, and in some cases how you wish to be contacted. You have the right to change your preferences or opt-out of consent at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
The accuracy of your personal data is important to us and you hold the right to update any information held by us. Please help us keep our data records up to date by notifying us of any changes at [email protected]
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have the right to request full access to any personal information held about you, if you wish to make a Data Access Request or if you would like to request the right for Bpdcompany to delete any personal data stored about you, please contact [email protected].
You must provide description of what information you wish to see alongside proof of identity. If you ask for data to be removed, please note we may have a lawful reason to hold or use personal data which does not require consent, such as on the grounds of legitimate interest. In this case we will keep the minimum amount of information required to ensure we adhere to your request.
13. THIS NOTICE
This notice may be updated from time to time. If updated any substantial changes that affect your rights will be communicated directly to you as far as reasonably practicable. If you any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement please email [email protected]