Terms and Conditions
CK Dance Academy Code of Conduct
This code of conduct is for both students & parents/guardians. It has been put in place to ensure our school is a safe, friendly & welcoming environment for everyone.
- Always be kind & courteous to everyone. This includes Staff,
Parents/Guardians, Students and each other. Make sure you always respect the people around you.
- Use appropriate language. No foul or derogatory language is to be heard whilst in our studio and it will not be tolerated.
This also applies to comments on our social media platforms. If comments are found to be in conflict with this, they will be removed and action will be taken.
- Always listen to the staff. They are there to help you and make sure everything is done correctly.
- Keep hands and feet to yourself both in class & whilst in our company.
Expectations for students.
- Arrive on time to class - In correct uniform, with hair done & a drink of water.
- Listen carefully to your teacher & follow instructions quickly and effectively.
- If any student under the age of 18 has a problem, they should seek advice from their teacher or another staff member before trying to resolve it themselves.
- Be kind to each other - respect your classmates and support each other.
- Always put in 100% effort in all classes.
CK Dance Academy Policies.
The following policies have been put in place to protect the health & safety and wellbeing of all our students. We want you as parent/guardians to feel safe when leaving your children in our care. All our policies have been put in place the ensure the safety of our students.
Everything we do at CK Dance Academy is for our students. We are dedicated to making sure they have a safe and friendly environment to dance in. Their safety is at the forefront of everything we do.
Whilst in our care all staff have the responsibility of keeping your children safe. We follow the guidance of the “Children Act 1989” “Children Act 2004” & “Working together 2018”
We believe that:
- The welfare of your child is paramount and will always be put first.
- All children, whatever age, gender, race & religion have the right to protection from abuse.
- All suspicions and allegations will be taken seriously and will be responded to quickly and appropriately.
- All our staff should be clear on our procedures and how to respond appropriately.
Our staff will ensure that:
- All students will be treated equally & fairly.
- The duty of care for your children will always be put first.
- All adults will act appropriately and be a good role model for our students.
- Bullying of any kind will not be tolerated both physical or mental.
- All staff will be updated regularly on our safeguarding policies to ensure your children are always safe and well whilst in our care.
If we feel your child is in an unsafe environment, the correct procedure will be followed and action will be taken.
If you as a parent/guardian or as a student have ANY concern about anyone, big or small it is important you speak up. Contact a member of staff immediately. (Our Appointed Safeguarding Officer is Lesley)
Don’t do nothing - Always do something.
Safe- touch policy.
All staff are highly trained in their specific genres. Staff will treat all students with the upmost respect.
On occasions for the safety of your child it will be necessary for us to make physical contact. This will include things such as:
- Spotting in acro.
- Correcting alignment of positions to ensure the dancer is in a safe position.
- Aiding with partner work.
We will never touch your child if unnecessary, we will only do so if we feel it is in the childs best interest for their safety.
When starting at our dance school you will sign your registration form. A section of this form asks if you give photo permission. Photos will be taken by our staff and will only be used for professional purposes. The phots we take in classes and at events will be used on:
- Marketing & documents - flyers, posters etc.
- Social media - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Youtube
- Our official website - ckdanceacademy.co.uk
We will never use your photos with consent. If you don’t wish for your photos to be used, ensure you have selected NO on your registration form.
- In many of our students first classes where we allow the parents to watch, you may take photos. However be sure the photos are of YOUR CHILD ONLY. Please do not include other children in your photos.
- At shows and events please make sure if you are taking pictures back stage you are careful with the background. Please ensure everyone is appropriately dressed before taking any backstage photos. - We don’t wish to ban backstage photos, however if this rule is not followed closely it could result in a backstage photo ban.