Please ensure that you read the terms and conditions before submitting a registration form. These apply to all those who attend classes.
Payment- Danson Youth Trust operates a 'No Refund Policy'. The Centre is unable
to make refunds for absence due to medical conditions, injury, changes to other
commitments or other reasons for not being able to attend the course as a part
or a whole. If classes are suspended due to government guidance we reserve the
right to run sessions virtually. Credit will not be offered if virtual sessions
are available. Credit is offered only if we cannot offer an alternative
session and is at the Centre’s discretion. Payment by accepted methods only as
indicated on invoices. If you are unable to make full payment an instalment
plan may be made at the Centre’s discretion and only by prior arrangement.
Behaviour- Children and young people must have mutual respect for others and their supervising staff at all times. Danson Youth Trust will not tolerate verbal or physical abuse or bad behaviour from children, young people or parents. Repeated unacceptable behaviour will result in individuals being formally asked to leave, without the right to refund or credit. Any aggression or abuse directed towards our staff will not be tolerated. Aggressive or abusive behaviour includes language (whether verbal or written) that may cause staff to feel threatened, abused or afraid. This may include threats, personal verbal abuse, derogatory remarks and rudeness. We also consider inflammatory statements, remarks of a racial or discriminatory nature and unsubstantiated allegations, to be abusive behaviour.
Mobile Phones- Must be turned off or turned onto silent if brought into the session. We ask that children and young people do not bring mobiles unless necessary.
Jewellery- for safety reasons no jewellery should be worn if involved in physical activity.
Food & Drink- May not be brought into the class. It is recommended that only water is brought into session in a named bottle.
Punctuality & Attendance- Arrival should be 5-10 minutes before class is due to start. Please try to inform the centre if they are unable to make a lesson. We reserve the right to dismiss students who continuously miss lessons.
Clothing- Everyone should arrive in the appropriate clothing ready for class. For all sports activities long hair should be tied back off the face.
Gymnastics – Leotard or t-shirt and leggings/joggers/shorts.
Trampoline – Leotard or t-shirt and leggings/joggers. Socks must be worn.
Judo – Newcomers may wear t-shirt and joggers. Please speak with the instructor about appropriate kit.
Football – Shin pads must be worn. No studded footwear indoors or outdoors. Trainers should be worn for all sessions.
Boxing – All participants must have their own speed rope. Flat soled trainers should be worn. T-shirt and shorts for training with tracksuit/jacket for warm-up/down. Please speak with the instructors about gum shields and additional kit.
Roller skating – participants should have their own skates, either inline or quads. Skates should not be worn outside the class area. Please ensure you wear other footwear to arrive/depart.
Toilet Breaks- Please make sure your child uses the toilet before class in order to minimise disruption during lessons.
Lost Property- Danson Youth Trust cannot undertake any responsibility for the loss of any money or belongings left during class or left on the premises.
Video & Photography- Photographs and/or videos are not permitted anywhere on site.
Facilities- Everyone is asked to respect the site and facilities that we use at all times. Parents/Guardians are responsible for any damage caused by their child/ren to any facilities or equipment.
Children will not be allowed to leave the building at any time during classes unless written permission from the parents/guardians is received. It is the parents/guardians responsibility to make sure their child is collected from class on time.
Danson Youth Trust cannot be held responsible for any injury sustained as a result of taking part in any of the activities operated by us, or responsible for any injury, howsoever caused, as a result of being on the premises or where the activities are taking place.
On completing the registration form and enrolling your child/ren as a member of the centre, you agree and fully understand and accept these terms and conditions.
Please ensure any changes in personal information are updated via the parent portal.
Code of Conduct
· Be kind and polite to everyone in our centre and other venues
· Be friendly and welcoming to new members
· Always tell a member of staff if somebody is not behaving and following the rules
· Recognise and celebrate good performance and success of fellow members during activities
· Treat your supervising staff and fellow pupils with respect
· Tell staff if you are finding something difficult
· Try to arrive to class in good time so you can use the toilet before class starts
· Ensure you have the correct clothing and equipment with you
· Bring only water to class – please clearly label your bottle
· Listen to instructions given by your supervising staff.
· Enjoy your classes and be proud of your efforts and achievements.
Parent/Guardians Code of Conduct
Parents are expected to:
· Encourage your child to learn and follow the rules
· Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results
· Set a good example by encouraging fair play and recognising the good performance of all members within the Centre
· Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their activity(s).
· Encourage your child to respect his/her instructors and lead by example
· Raise any queries or concerns in a polite, constructive and non-confrontational manner
· Behave responsibly as a visitor and treat everyone with due respect
The Danson Centre will undertake to:
· Ensure good child safeguarding guidelines are followed at all times to keep your child safe
· Ensure all activities are properly supervised/taught/coached.
· Inform you at once if your child is ill and ensure their wellbeing until you are able to collect him/her
Zero Tolerance of Unacceptable Behaviour
Danson Youth Trust are committed to ensuring that everyone using the Centre is able to be in a safe and polite environment. We will not tolerate any demeaning, derogatory, abusive, aggressive, threatening or intimidating behaviour towards our staff, children, young people and parents. We deem this sort of behaviour totally unacceptable and anybody that behaves in this way will be asked to stop the behaviour immediately and leave the premises. Our policy is one of zero tolerance and a single act of unacceptable behaviour will trigger sanctions which include but are not restricted to:
· Issue of a verbal warning
· Requested to leave the premises (together with dependents if relevant)
· Requested to not attend any future lessons, events or other activities offered by Danson Youth Trust
· Reporting of incidents to the Police and other authorities as appropriate.
Danson Youth Trust consider all persons to be strictly liable for their actions and will not tolerate unacceptable behaviour under any circumstances