Please provide email and password to log in to the Hartley House Dance Club portal
HHDC aims to: -
To encourage dance participation from all age groups, nationalities and religions
- To provide a friendly, expert service where all participants can achieve their individual goals
- To nurture talent and guide those considering a career in the Performing Arts industry
- To promote dance not only as a career choice but as a beneficial hobby where participants can meet like minded people, develop their fitness and have fun
-To provide high quality teaching, making sure all staff are fully registered dance teachers and are DBS checked
HHDC Terms & Conditions:
- All students must complete the following forms and hand them into their teacher at their first class: Registration, Photo Consent, and Health Awareness
- All students must wear the correct uniform during class, with hair tied back and no jewellery
-Respect must be shown to the teacher. Any disruptive behaviour will result in expulsion from class
- No food is allowed in the dance studio
- Children under the age of 16yrs must be collected from inside the building by a parent or guardian. Children will not be allowed out of reception without an accompanying adult.
- No children under 16yrs are allowed in the kitchen area without adult supervision
- If your child is away during term time due to illness or holidays you must inform us. After 2 weeks of non-attendance and no contact, your space will be offered to perspective students.
- No changing in the waiting area. A changing room has been provided for your use
-We do not recommend attending additional classes at other local dance schools. All teachers have their own methods/styles and this can result in confusion and overload of both body and brain! Please speak to a HHDC teacher if you wish to develop your child's training and we will advise you
- The management hold the right to refuse entry to any student/parent they feel will not comply with HHDC rules and will disrupt the studios activities.
Disclaimer and warning of personal injury risk
Dance classes involve a risk of personal injury to participants in those classes. Such risks include physical injury whilst performing exercises and routines and the possible failure of equipment used in the classes. Hartley House Dance Studio accepts no responsibility for injury or loss caused during the classes which it operates or whilst participants are attending the HHDC studios.
You are responsible for ensuring that you/your child are physically and mentally fit for the class. During dance class and while in HHDC Studios, you must at all times take care of, and be responsible for, your/your child’s own personal safety.
Covid - 19
Before coming to HHDC or before sending your child/yourself to HHDC we want to make sure you understand that in light of the current medical, legal and economic conditions resulting from the COVID-19 Pandemic, and recognising that these conditions are subject to abrupt change and any time, you are attending HHDC or send your child to HHDC under the following conditions.
While we wish that we could control every possible risk, and while we will use our best efforts to keep you or you child safe from the Covid -19 virus, we want to make clear that we can not promise or guarantee that this or any other pathogen will not enter HHDC and that by the very nature of the personal interaction that takes place in the HHDC studio, there is always a risk of you/your child become ill with this or any other communicable disease. We want you to be fully aware of this risk in naming a decision to attend or send your child to HHDC, and that you are willing to assume and accept on you and your child's behalf.
Hartley House Dance Club and the General Date Protection Regulations 2018.
GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulation and replaces the previous Data Protection. It was approved by the EU Parliament in 2016 and comes into effect on 25th May 2018. GDPR states that personal data should be ‘processed fairly & lawfully’ and ‘collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes’ and that individuals data is not processed without their knowledge and are only processed with their ‘explicit’ consent. GDPR covers personal data relating to individuals. Hartley House Dance Club is committed to protecting the rights and freedoms of individuals with respect to the processing of children's, parents, visitors and staff personal data. The Data Protection Act gives individuals the right to know what information is held about them. It provides a framework to ensure that personal information is handled properly.
What we do at Hartley House Dance Club
We do not disclose (other than to Official Examination bodies) or sell personal data to third parties. We do not disclose personal data to other members of the School and their families. The School uses contact numbers for communication with and updates to parents, whole school and individual communication.
Emergency Parent contact numbers are given to Hartley House Dance Club for the use of emergency contact & for contact in respect of Dance School business only.
Paper registration forms are stored in a secured filing cabinet. Hard copy information is destroyed by a shredding device when a student no longer attends Hartley HouseDance Club.
Information about individual student is used in certain documents, such as, a weekly register, medication information and examination documentation. These documents include data such as student's names, date of birth and emergency contact numbers.
No names are stored with images in photo albums, displays, on the website or on Hartley House Dance Club social media sites without express permission from a parent.
Access to the Website, this Online Class Portal System, Personal Data, Social Media Accounts and Examination Details is password protected and is not available to members of the Public, or members of the School.
HHDC staff (Linda & Maryam) have sole access to the data.