You must agree to these Terms & Conditions (T&C’s) to secure your training place at Horizon TeamGym and be allowed to attend classes. You can email questions to [email protected] for further clarification. If you can’t agree to these T&C’s before your agreed taster / training date then our commitment with you terminates.
Alongside this document you will need to read and agree to our Memberships, Cancellations and Refunds. The two documents combined form our Terms and Conditions for Horizon TeamGym.
We have published codes of conduct for all our stakeholders and we expect all members to follow these in full. Failure may result in being asked to leave classes, events, competitions or be banned completely.
1. BOOKINGS AND PAYMENTS
Initial bookings and tasters for classes can be booked either through our automated class booking system or via our admin team with a call, text or email. We offer two taster sessions which are chargeable for your child to see if they would like to continue before all associated fees & memberships are due. Taster sessions will be communicated with you in advance and agreed, these are chargeable even if you are unable to attend due to say illness. By the third session all remaining class fees for the block period are due together with British Gymnastics membership & insurance and our Club fee, plus the missed taster session fee if this applies.
No amendments to original bookings can be made unless they are requested in writing and agreed in advance with both our admin and coaching team.
You risk losing your child’s place in a class if you do not make full payment prior to the start of a new term. Being in a class does not guarantee you continuity into the new term, only payment for the new term secures your place. Signing up for classes is a rolling commitment.
Payments will be requested in advance and a late payment fee of £12 plus 5% interest will be charged on any outstanding account balance on the 1st day of the last month in the term.
Eg Autumn term = £100, payment request & due July, payment made July = £80, by 1st December £20 is still owing, late payment fee £12, interest (£20 x 5%= £1) revised total to be cleared from Autumn term £33. Fees for Spring term = £100 due December. Total amount now due £100 (Spring term)+£33 (late payment & charges) = £133
2. TRAINING FEES
Training fees are charged for a set period (termly / quarterly / annually) depending on the type of training attending – Recreational (all levels & disciplines), Competitive (all levels & disciplines
1. Termly Fees – The client is agreeing to the full terms fees. There will be no refunds for missed sessions or if the client decides to leave midway through the term. Horizon TeamGym guarantees the clients place in the session for the entire term. It is at the Directors discretion whether a refund will be given if the leaving clients place is refilled successfully by another client. There will be no refunds for leaving notice given after half term and it is the clients’ choice whether they stay till the last training session or leave before. Termly fees are for Recreational, Advanced Recreational & Foundation level gymnasts
2. Quarterly Fees - The client is agreeing to the fees for that quarter and there will be no refunds for missed sessions or if the client decides to leave midway through the quarter. Horizon TeamGym guarantees the clients place in the session for the entire quarter. It is the clients’ choice whether they stay till the last training session or leave before. Quarterly fees are for Competitive Development & Squad level gymnasts.
3. Annual Fees – The client is agreeing to the annual fees and dividing their payments equally over 12months despite there being no sessions in August, payments will continue through this month. Annual fees are for Competitive Development & Squad level gymnasts, and can be extended to Advanced Recreational & Foundation level gymnasts.
4. Gift Cards / Training Vouchers can be purchased and used by clients who already have an account with Horizon TeamGym and are registered. These cannot be purchased for clients’ who are on our waiting list and not yet club registered. Gift vouchers are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash
Refer to our Memberships, Cancellations and Refunds Policy for more details
The fees are non-refundable unless there are special circumstances in which case the credit is applied at our discretion.
Should you wish to cancel or suspend your training this must be presented in writing to [email protected]with one months’ notice. Verbal notification or text message to a coach will not be seen or treated as notice and fees will still be applied.
If the cancellation is outside of our control – for example due to an incident at a venue or extreme weather conditions, a refund will not be given. Whilst make up sessions are not offered for cancelled sessions or non-attended sessions, we may, at our discretion offer an alternative venue or move training online. This alternative venue or online training may take place on different days and times from the original sessions and alternative venues may incur additional costs for those attending.
Covid lockdowns will see training move from the physical world to online training and back again seamlessly. Training fees will not be refunded regardless of whether the online sessions were attended or not. It is at the Directors discretion to apply credits for the switch to online training against future training sessions.
Direct debit and stored credit cards have further conditions to ensure equal payments are made throughout the year. Refer to the Cancellations & Refunds Policy.
4. NOTICE PERIODS
There will be one months’ notice period required from clients prior to cancellation to enable a detailed account statement to be produced and any outstanding fees to be requested and collected before the leaving date. A termly, quarterly or annual payment plan that sees a child leaving midway through the term, quarter or year will be calculated to the correct term / quarterly end date. see Memberships, Cancellations & Refunds Policy for more details
We appreciate that some children do not always wish to take part on the day or may wish to attend other events (such as a friends birthday party) but we are unable to refund for non-attendance or for children who do not take part, this is due to the fact that we have reserved the space for your child and staff, venue costs have already been arranged. Please note that it is quite normal for children to be shy when they first attend and their confidence will grow in the weeks to come. The coaching team are experienced in dealing with this and will be happy to work with your gymnast to improve their confidence.
We do not offer “makeup classes” for sessions missed.
6. BACS / DIRECT DEBIT / CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS
Members have an option to pay by BACS, direct debit or with a stored credit card. The direct debit system is handled through the GoCardless merchant and a stored credit card is handled through the Stripe merchant. We do not hold any account details as these are stored securely through these operating merchants. With these two handling merchants, Horizon TeamGym can offer a more affordable way to settle training fees. BACS payment amounts will be requested in writing. Refer to our Memberships, Cancellations & Refunds Policy for more details.
7. INSURANCE, FIRST AID, DBS CHECKS AND SAFEGUARDING TRAINING
We are a registered club of British Gymnastics and have Public Liability and Employers Liability Insurances in place. Our coaches & Welfare Officers are all DBS enhanced checked, they regularly attend safeguarding training and there will always be at least one fully qualified first aider at every session.
8. UNDERSTANDING RISK
Due to the very nature of gymnastic activities the risk of serious injury exists and whilst we do everything, we can to reduce that risk it is still a very real possibility. It is vital that members follow instructions given to them by coaches to decrease the risk of serious injury and follow the safety guidelines whilst in the gym using apparatus and moving around. By attending classes, it is deemed that you accept all risks associated with such participation.
Training will take place in either bare feet or gymnastic shoes, socks may be worn for some floor-based work but coaches will advise. Trampolining jump socks or normal socks must be worn on trampoline. During covid19 gymnasts will be asked to sanitise their own feet before training using their own sanitiser.
9. PARENTS / CARER / GUARDIANS
To avoid overcrowding and shyness in class, one adult guardian only per child is allowed into the preschool adult and child classes. In independent classes (where the adult is not required to participate in class) adults are asked to wait outside or to drop gymnasts with the coach. For the 1st two taster sessions the adult guardian is permitted into the gym to watch the session, by the 3rd session all adult guardians must leave the gymnasium/sports hall. Adults may wait on campus for their child’s class to end or wait outside the gymnasium / sport hall doors with other adults. During Covid restrictions we follow our detailed risk assessment.
All children in our preschool programmes must have a guardian on site at all times and a waiting area will be available for this. Gymnastics coaching is much more effective when the environment is not distracting, so please refrain from coaching from the side lines during the class if you are watching.
10. CLUB MERCHANDISE & TRAINING EQUIPMENT
Horizon TeamGym has club merchandise which can be purchased by members. There are a variety of product options from training to competitive for the new beginner to the established performer. Some items are purchased directly through a retailer, others our purchase directly through Horizon TeamGym. For those items purchased and ordered through us, if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason*, return the item unworn and in perfect condition with tags attached and proof of purchase, within 28 days for an exchange or refund.
If you need to return something, please do your best to try on, handle and repackage the items with care. Any merchandise returned must be received back in its original condition - this means it must be unworn, undamaged, free of makeup, pet hairs, deodorant and perfume and have all original tags attached.
Please fill-in and include the returns form along with your returned item and proof of purchase (receipt or order number) to enable us to identify you and process your return as quickly as possible. If this is not present, a written note with all your details will suffice.
*Personalised garments and special designs cannot be exchanged unless faulty, so please ensure you order the correct size. *Do not remove the hygiene stickers or swing tags until you are happy with the fit of the leotards (Leotards ordered directly through us can only be returned if the hygiene guard has not been removed.). *Leotards ordered directly through a retailer follow their returns policy as this is not our responsibility.
Every training session requires long hair to be tied up neatly and out of eyes, so that when upside down, hair cannot touch the floor. Some disciplines have more specific hair requirements and coaches will communicate this with you.
Each gymnast must bring their own drinks bottle, hand sanitiser, gym bag and extra socks to every training session. Foundation, Development, Competitive gymnasts must also provide their own foam roller plus some discipline specific equipment all of which will be communicated to you as and when your gymnast needs it by the lead coach / admin staff.
Every training session gymnasts must make sure they wear a leotard/compression top with either leggings, shorts or stirrups. Recreational level gymnasts may wear shorts and a t-shirt. Young ladies will be required to wear sport crop tops under their t-shirts and either sport crop tops or crop top bras under their leotards. Strappy, low cut, revealing t-shirts are not permitted. Gymnasts will only be allowed to train in sport crop tops and leggings for fitness training where handling is not required. Boys can only expose their chest when doing fitness training where handling is not required. Jeans, jean leggings, buttoned shirts and shorts are not allowed for training. Tracksuit bottoms & hoodies may be worn for warm up and cool down, hoodies are not allowed to be worn when training.
11. BODY PIERCINGS & ADORNMENTS
British Gymnastics believes that jewellery and adornments worn in body piercing are inappropriate for safe practice in gymnastics and trampolining.
Jewellery that cannot be removed:- It is acknowledged that in some circumstances, it may be impossible to remove a ring and/or dermal piercings. Should this be the case; the ring must be sufficiently covered with protective tape; and the piercings covered sufficiently in order to eliminate any risk.
Newly pierced ears:- Newly pierced stud earrings need to be covered with protective tape but must be removed as soon as possible (normally after six-weeks). For the avoidance of doubt; any jewellery which can be removed, must be removed.
Horizon TeamGym accepts no responsibility for damage or loss to any item brought in to classes.
12. MOBILE PHONES & RECORDING DEVICES
Mobile phones & recording devices must be kept in gym bags at all times unless the lead coach has permitted usage for fitness & training purposes. Devices are not allowed to be used to record or take pictures of one another during training or break times. Respect must be given at all times to gym colleagues who may not be allowed to have their pictures or video taken. Coaches will delete photos and video taken without permission.
Parents/Carers/Guardians are not permitted to take photos or videos of classes during training, this is to protect all of our members. Coaches/welfare may ask to see devices if they think photos or video have been taken and if so, you will be asked to delete it. If you’d like a video of your child’s achievement discuss this with the lead coach and this can be arranged so that other class members are not in the photo/video footage.
Horizon regularly takes videos and pictures to help with training gymnasts and track training progress. These videos / pics are taken using the club’s devices and may be used by the gymnasts and coaches to support one another’s training diary.
13. ARRIVING AT CLASSES AND LEAVING
Gymnasts must be escorted into the gymnasium / sports hall where the class is taking place. They cannot be dropped in the car park or other areas of the venue. Likewise, at the end of the class please collect your gymnast from the gymnasium / sports hall. Gymnasts without guardians will not be allowed to leave unattended unless prior written consent has been given by the guardian. This consent will only be accepted for gymnasts aged 14 and over making their own way home. Gymnasts are required to arrive in good time to start the class promptly. Late arrival of 10 minutes or more is at the coach’s discretion whether the gymnast is allowed to join in as a late arrival. This will be due to warm up having concluded and the gymnast’s safety being at risk. No refunds are payable for late arrival and coach refusing training. Those parents who are car sharing or pooling resources for pick up must inform the lead coach at the start of each training session who their child is going home with, this will be recorded.
14. ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE TIMES
Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before the start time of your class as you will be required to wait outside with your gymnast until the coaching staff are ready to let you in. Each centre has specific covid19 risk assessments in place to help reduce the risk of transmission and you will be required to follow them. Once your allocated class time has finished, it is necessary to vacate the gymnasium in readiness for the next class. Should you be running late, please contact the lead coach, club mobile and your gymnast will be allowed to spectate the next class whilst waiting for your arrival. If you are late and not contactable, we will follow our safeguarding policy and contact the designated social services LADO contact for further guidance.
15. DISRUPTIVE AND INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOUR
Children and adults in attendance at classes are asked to be civil and courteous to other members and other venue users at all times. Should a child or adult become abusive, violent or disruptive, it is at the discretion of the lead coach to issue a time out in accordance with our discipline guidelines.
16. ILLNESS / INJURY / REHABILITATION
Parents/carers/guardians are required to inform the club if the gymnast is unable to attend training and with a reason. Anyone testing positive from covid19 must inform the club as a matter of urgency to enable others within their bubble group to get tested and self-isolate. A refund or credit for lessons missed due to illness / injury will only be considered if the period to be missed will be at least 4 weeks or more, and only on production of a signed, valid and dated doctor’s note with a full explanation of the illness / injury. Some injuries will allow for fitness training to continue and for physio rehabilitation to take place with a set of revised training times. Each case will be unique and it will be at the discretion of the Director to decide whether fees are adjusted during the rehabilitation period.
Holidays taken within the term or quarterly training dates will not decrease the price of the term or quarter. Full payment for training fees, gym camps or holiday clubs must still be made and no refunds will be given for weeks missed due to holidays taken.
18. CLASS LEVELS
At Horizon TeamGym we run our classes based upon the gymnast’s ability to make progress given their age, maturity and previous gymnastic experience. This may mean that a mix of ages attend classes. Do not be put off by this as the coaches are very experienced at setting challenges to meet all levels of experience & age. All gymnasts will start in a lower level class before being assessed and moved to a different class if and when required. The levels across all of our disciplines are; Recreational, Advanced Recreational, Foundation, Development, Squad. It is expected all levels will participate in the annual Club Championships and Awards ceremony. All levels will have opportunities to attend other events and competitions during the year.
On booking, please give full details of any child with any disabilities. It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to notify us of such disabilities to ensure safe and effective teaching methods and standards are maintained. Some disabilities will need additional checks from our insurers and we may require you to provide letters from medical professionals on this before classes can be attended. This includes but is not limited to Down’s syndrome children.
20. MEDICAL CONDITIONS
Guardians agree to update the administration office with details of new or changing medical conditions, you agree to update your Horizon TeamGym online portal account and agree to update the British Gymnastic membership portal too.
Gymnasts / coaches with anaphylactic conditions must place all medication in the designated emergency medication box or on the coaches’ table. Each person must have a clearly marked “What to do in an emergency card” attached to their medical bag.
Gymnasts / coaches with diabetes must inform the lead coach when they need to stop & take their blood count. Pumps cannot be worn for all gymnastic skills and a unique schedule will be devised to reduce the risk.
Guardians must inform the lead coach if their child has an ailment that may affect their training, eg bruising, upset stomach, verruca, molluscum. Verruca’s must be covered with a plaster; a spray plaster is the best means to cover up verruca’s and allow bare feet training.
21. POTTY TRAINING / TOILET VISITS
To keep toilet visits / missed class time to a minimum, if your child is potty trained, please take them to the toilet immediately prior to the commencement of any class so there will be as little disruption during class times. Coaches cannot be responsible for personal care or potty training, if your child still needs this support please ensure you stay on site so you can assist with this as and when required.
All independent gymnasts go to the toilet with a buddy; this is a safeguarding requirement as the venues we hire are used by members of the public throughout our sessions. All gymnasts are encouraged to wait and support their friends, reporting back to lead coaches anything they see or are uncomfortable with. Gymnasts aged 17yrs are permitted to go independently but at 16yrs they still go with a buddy.
22. PHYSICAL CONTACT
Parents should be aware that due to the very nature of gymnastics it is necessary for the coaches to have physical contact – known as “Handling” or “Supporting” or “Spotting” the gymnasts. Stations are used to encourage independent learning throughout our teachings but there will always be an element of physical contact.
23. FOOD AND DRINK DURING CLASS
Food and drink are allowed to be taken into the class and kept in the gymnast’s bag. Whilst gymnasts are encouraged to drink water from their bottles regularly, food as a healthy snack or lunch is only permitted with coach consent & must be cleared away completely before training resumes. Designated food areas will be provided for gymnasts within the gymnasium. We have a nut free gym environment with various members having nut allergies. Nutella chocolate spread contains nuts.
Each term we will assess the gymnasts using the British Gymnastics badge schemes. Gymnasts will often work on similar skills that bridge multiple badges, and can achieve a higher badge before a lower one. Each gymnast will revisit the gymnastic terminology used on earlier badges to check understanding; this helps the coaching staff to gauge any missing gaps in knowledge, to be refreshed, before moving on.
At all of our classes we use stickers as a means of acknowledging hard work, progress, achievements and team work. Not all gymnasts will receive a sticker every training session and it’s important that you understand this. The coaches make it really clear how gymnasts can earn a sticker during the lesson and each week there will be different challenges aimed at the class. We recommend gymnasts bring a sticker book to class so they can record what their sticker was for and when they achieved it.
26. LOST PROPERTY
All property brought into class by the client & gymnast is done so at your own risk. All clothed garments must be named. Horizon TeamGym is not liable for any loss or damage caused to belongings. Items found will be held for a period of one month before being disposed of or donated to charity. During this time the belongings will be in class awaiting reconnection with their owner, it is not our responsibility to keep reminding.
27. CUSTOMER SERVICE
It is our intention to provide you with a high level of customer service at all times, however, if you are dissatisfied with the level of service, please contact us through
[email protected] or via our website contact us page.
28. VARIATION OF TERMS
Horizon TeamGym is permitted to revise these Terms and Conditions at any time as it sees fit. Any changes will come into force after a notice period of 30 days.
Document last updated : 4 December 2020
I …………………………………………. have seen, read, understood and agree to these terms and conditions.
HTG Terms & Conditions v3.0 - 04.12.20
There is Club Registration fee at the time of joining Horizon TeamGym, this is due at the start of the 3rd visit should the client wish to participate in further training sessions. This registration fee is non-refundable should the client wish to leave any time from the 3rd session onwards. Should the client leave mid-way through the year and then return during the same signup year, this fee will not be recharged.
Should a client leave for a period greater than 12 months from their signup date and then decide to re-join, this fee will be recharged.
The club registration fee enables the client to be administratively setup and includes a t-shirt.
Horizon TeamGym reserves the right to introduce a chargeable membership structure be it monthly or annual at some point in the future.
We are an affiliated club of British Gymnastics (BG) and as such require all members to sign up to their membership and insurance packages. The cost for these memberships varies annually and is settled through Horizon TeamGym on the clients’ behalf. Refunds will only be given if a client leaves the club before payment to British Gymnastics has been made. BG Insurance runs from 1st October to 30th September annually regardless of when the client may join Horizon TeamGym or commence their BG membership.
NEW CLIENT CHARGEABLE TASTER SESSIONS
We offer two taster sessions which are chargeable for your child to see if they would like to continue before all associated fees are due. Taster sessions will be communicated with you in advance and agreed in writing, these are chargeable even if you are unable to attend a taster session due to say illness. By the third session all remaining class fees for the block period are due together with British Gymnastics membership & insurance and our Club registration fee, plus the missed taster session fee if this applies.
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
At the time of booking if all training fees, club registration, BG membership & insurance costs are settled in advance and within the first 2 taster sessions, you decide not to stay, then all charges will be refunded minus the 2 chargeable taster sessions. An admin fee of £12 will be applied.
PAYMENTS MADE & REFERENCES
BACS - payments to be made to: Horizon TeamGym : 38725060 : 30-63-64 : Ref : [email protected] Gymnast Name + fees
Squad gymnasts will be given a unique reference
CHEQUE payee: Horizon TeamGym : on reverse write Childs name, class day and time. Put in a sealed envelope with the Childs name on the front marked for the attention of the lead coach.
CASH – Put the correct amount into a sealed envelope with the Childs name on the front, mark it for the attention of the lead coach.
2. CANCELLATIONAS - FACILITY HIRE
CANCELLATION BY HORIZON TEAMGYM
1. Horizon TeamGym reserves the right to refuse, cancel or change any booking or event at any time prior to its commencement and to refuse admission to the event or centre, or to reject an application of membership and to withdraw membership.
2. We can add to, change, withdraw or cancel facilities or activities from the centre without notice. This includes closing a centre or making changes to opening hours for safety reasons, maintenance or special events.
3. Cancelled sessions due to a positive Covid19 test from an active member will be credited against future classes from the 3rd week onwards. Members within the same bubble group will be required to self-isolate for 2 weeks and there will be no refunds during this self-isolation period, a credit will only be issued to the bubble group if the session cannot restart in week 3 or be moved to an online platform, which may not be on the same physical training day.
4. There will be no refund/credit due to a cancelled session where staff shortages or illness requires the session to be cancelled at short notice.
CANCELLATION BY OUR FACILITIES
1. In the event of a cancellation due to the facilities cancelling our booking at short notice we will try to find an alternative venue or take the training online. If successful there will be no refund/credit for that session but there may well be additional sessional costs for the new venue/ online platform. Horizon TeamGym will not be responsible for any extra costs incurred as a result of a relocated, cancelled or rescheduled event. Nonattendance at the relocated venue will not incur additional costs, nor will it result in a refund/credit for the original cancelled session even if the online session is not attended. Sessions moved online may take place on a different training day and time.
2. In the event of a cancellation due to the facilities cancelling our booking with notice, training will move from the physical world to the online platform and back again seamlessly. It is at the Directors discretion to apply credits for the transition to online. Missed online training sessions will not be credited/refunded.
3. There is no entitlement right to a refund / credit where Horizon TeamGym is forced to cancel part or all of an event / session due to reasons beyond our reasonable control and especially where we are legally bound for costs such as insurances, facilities, staff and other operational expenditure costs. This may include but is not limited to weather cancellation, Health & Safety, staff ratios and Covid. The Director reserves the right to be discretionary.
CANCELLATION BY THE HIRER
1. For Gym Camps, Birthday Parties, Competitions and other events, cancellation must be in writing 14 days prior to the event entry closing dates for a full refund.
2. If the cancellation is on the grounds of medical reasons with written evidence, then a partial refund is subject to already sustained costs and at the discretion of the Director. An administrative fee will be applied.
If you wish to cancel your future classes then the following notice periods will apply;
Academic Terms are Autumn (Sept-Dec), Spring (Jan-Apr), Summer (Apr-Jul)
Termly in full payments – (cash, cheque, BACS, credit card) Your commitment is for the whole term. One months’ notice before the end of term; if notice is given before half term then refunds for classes after half term are at our Directors discretion and only if a replacement gymnast is found to take the leaving gymnasts place. There will be no refunds for notice given after half term and it is the clients’ choice whether they stay till the last training week or leave before. Failure to settle all outstanding monies at the time of leaving will incur a late payment fee £12 plus interest of 5% on the outstanding balance.
Termly part payments – (GoCardless direct debit, cash, cheque, BACS, credit card). Your commitment is for the whole term even if this is being settled in instalments. One months’ notice is required before the end of term; if notice is given before half term then refunds for classes after half term are at our Directors discretion and only if a replacement gymnast is found to take the leaving gymnasts place till the end of term. There will be no refunds for notice given after half term and it is the clients’ choice whether they stay till the last training week or leave before. Failure to settle all outstanding monies at the time of leaving will incur a late payment fee £12 plus interest of 5% on the outstanding balance.
Quarterly are Qtr1 (Jan-Mar), Qtr2 (Apr-Jun), Qtr3 (Jul-Sep), Qtr4 (Oct-Dec)
Quarterly in full payments – (cash, cheque, BACS, credit card) Your commitment is for the whole quarter. A minimum of one months’ notice before the end of the quarter (Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, Jul-Sep, Oct-Dec) is required; if notice is given in month 1 or 2 of the quarter your leave date will be at the end of the 3rd month. If notice is given during the 3rd month in the quarter not enough notice has been given and you will be charged for the 1st month of the following quarter (which can be attended). A detailed final statement of your account will be produced and any outstanding fees/charges will need to be settled before leaving. Failure to settle all outstanding monies at the time of leaving will incur a late payment fee £12 plus interest of 5% on the outstanding balance.
Quarterly part payments – (GoCardless direct debit, cash, cheque, BACS, credit card) Your commitment is for the whole quarter even if this is being settled in instalments. A minimum of one months’ notice is required before the end of the quarter (Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, Jul-Sep, Oct-Dec); if notice is given in month 1 or 2 of the quarter your leave date will be at the end of the 3rd month. If notice is given during the 3rd month in the quarter not enough notice has been given and you will be charged for the 1st month of the following quarter (which can be attended). A detailed final statement of your account will be produced and any outstanding fees/charges will need to be settled before leaving. Failure to settle all outstanding monies at the time of leaving will incur a late payment fee £12 plus interest of 5% on the outstanding balance.
Annual Fees run from January-December
Annual Fees – (GoCardless direct debit, BACS credit card) The client is agreeing to the annual fees, to enable 12 equal monthly payments spread out over the year, despite there being no sessions in August, payments will still continue through this month. Payments for the forthcoming month must be paid before the start of the calendar month. A minimum of one months’ notice is required before the next scheduled monthly payment. A statement will be produced showing actual costs incurred for the year against payments made and the last monthly payment will include any outstanding fees due at that point. Therefore, the final payment maybe more than the previous months charge to balance the account out. Failure to settle all outstanding monies at the time of leaving will incur a late payment fee £12 plus interest of 5% on the outstanding balance.
Eg. Payment goes out on 1st May for the month of May. Notice given on 25th April to cancel; this is not one calendar month notice before the next scheduled payment. Therefore May & June’s payment is charged. Training continues till the end of June. June’s payment will also incur any additional fees outstanding from actual class charges between January-June that have not been covered from the annual monthly payments.
Eg. Payment goes out on 1st May for the month of May. Notice is given on 1st May to cancel, last payment date is 1st June, and training continues till the end of June. Again, June’s invoice will also include any additional fees outstanding from actual class charges between January-June, that have not been covered from the annual monthly payments.
Eg. Payment goes out on 25th April for the month of May. Notice is given on 25th April to cancel which is one calendar month before the next scheduled payment of 25th May. Training ends, end of May. A separate invoice will be raised for the difference between actual payments received and training costs incurred. This difference must be settled on the next scheduled payment date 25th May.
There is a detailed spreadsheet to explain this for transparency.
Should you wish to cancel or suspend your training this must be presented in writing to [email protected]a verbal or text message to a coach will not be seen or treated as notice and fees will still be applied.
In exceptional circumstances it may be necessary for Horizon TeamGym to cancel a session. If this happens, you will be notified with as much notice as possible by email and on our social networking platforms.
CANCELLING YOUR GOCARDLESS DIRECT DEBIT
1. We recognise that many people’s circumstances change. In such an event, should you wish to cancel your GoCardless direct debit we ask that you notify us, in writing to [email protected] with the appropriate notification period. Please ensure you also notify your bank.
2. All notice to terminate will be agreed in writing with both parties.
1. We will refund the British Gymnastics (BG) membership & insurance fee so long as it has not been settled directly with BG on your behalf. BG membership and insurance is transferrable between affiliated clubs and you can attend multiple clubs & gymnastic disciplines under the one membership.
2. We will refund the Club Registration fee if the client has settled in advance all fees and decided to leave before the start of the 3rd session.
3. We will refund all training fees from the 3rd session if a new client has settled in advance all requested fees and decided at the end of the 2nd taster session it is not for them. An admin fee of £12 will be applied.
4. A minimum of 14 days’ notice is required when requesting a refund for Gym Camps, Birthday Parties, and before the competition entry deadlines. Such requests are to be made in writing to [email protected] for the attention of the Director.
5. For other hire, application for refunds must be made in writing to the Director stating the details of refund requested and with proof of purchase where appropriate.
6. Refund requests on purchases such as events or camps to name but a few, where less than 14 days’ notice is given on the grounds of medical reasons with supporting medical evidence, these are at the discretion of the Director. Some events require separate travel insurance and where Insurance claims for travel refunds exist due to injury, we shall follow the travel insurance guidelines. Travel refunds if successfully claimed will be refunded to your bank account. Training refunds if agreed will be credited to the clients account for use against future participation.
7. There are NO part session refunds/credits available.
8. At the Directors discretion, a credit given will be used against future classes.
9. Should you wish to return any retail product, on proof of purchase, we will exchange the item or provide a full refund, provided the item is unwashed, unworn and unused. This will be valid for 28 days from the date of purchase. If any retail product is found to be faulty, on proof of purchase we will exchange the item or provide a full refund. This does not affect your statutory rights.
10. Horizon TeamGym will not be liable or responsible for any other expenditure incurred costs or loss sustained by the client arising from any event or class cancellation or rescheduling.
Document last updated : 4 December 2020
Effective date : 4 January 2021
I have legal guardianship of / I am the registered carer of (child/rens name(s) being registered with Horizon TeamGym);
I …………………………………………. have seen, read, understood and agree to this memberships, cancellations & refunds policy.
HTG Memberships, Cancellations & Refunds Policy v3.0 - 04.12.20