Terms and Conditions
Section 1: Fees
- Fees are payable for a full pay period (full term 11-12 weeks) regardless of attendance unless explicitly arranged with the Principal.
- Fees must be received before the beginning of a term or a 5% charge will be added to all accounts not paid by the due date on the invoice. An additional 5% per week will be added to unpaid fees until paid. Students will not be admitted to any classes until fees have been paid in full.
- Students (with the exception of adult classes) are automatically enrolled each term unless notice is given by the termly withdrawal deadline.
- The only method of payment is via online payment, an email will be sent with an invoice and a link.
- There are no refunds if a student is absent from a class.
- On the rare occasion that a class is cancelled due to the sickness of the teacher, a health epidemic or any unforeseen event, we will try to reschedule the class. This may be on a different day and time from when the class was originally scheduled, and might involve an extension to the term dates. No refunds will be given in this case.
- If it is necessary to cancel a class due to adverse weather conditions or if a child cannot attend a class due to their participation in another Just Move Dance Studio performance/exam/event, class fees will not be refunded.
- If a student is asked to leave a class due to a breach of any of the conditions detailed within this document, fees will not be refunded.
- Any extra classes such as exam coaching and private lessons will be in addition to the normal class fees. Invoices must be paid before lessons are attended. 48 hours notice must be given for cancellation of private lessons otherwise fees will not be refunded.
- Just Move Dance Studio retains the right to change fees without prior notice. As much notice as possible will be given to all parents/guardians.
Section 2: Cancellation or Amendment
- If you intend to withdraw your child from Just Move Dance Studio or change any class(es) that your child undertakes, a minimum of half a terms notice (6 weeks of lessons) in writing is required on or before the last day of the first half of the term and the withdrawal of or change will take effect from the beginning of the next term. Half a term’s fees will be charged if notice is given after this date.
- If cancellation of half a term or a full term occurs after the deadline for the next termly fees, a full term of fees will be charged. No exceptions will be made. Failure to pay an invoice will be dealt with at the Petty Debts Court.
Section 3: Uniform, Class Timing and Behaviour Etiquette
- Clean and tidy class uniforms are mandatory after a student’s first half-term of attendance.
- Students must wear their hair neatly tied back for Jazz, Tap, Modern, Acro & Musical Theatre. Girls must have a neat classical bun with fringes clipped out of their face for Ballet.
- Jewellery items including watches must be removed before the lesson. Small studded earrings are permitted.
- Pupils are expected to arrive on time for their lessons. If late, they should enter the studio quietly. Early arrival is also to ensure they are then recorded on the register in case of a fire or evacuation. If students arrive more than 10 minutes late, they will be asked to observe the class due to health and safety reasons.
- Students should be dressed and ready to start their class on time, and be collected promptly at the end. The principal/teacher is not able to provide supervision or accept responsibility for children outside of the lesson time.
- Students are asked to wait quietly until their class begins.
- Students and parents/guardians are required to demonstrate mutually respectful behaviour to the teaching staff, fellow students and the halls. Poor behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in the student being asked to leave the School. Under no circumstances will bullying be tolerated and should be brought to the Principal’s attention immediately.
- The Principal reserves the right to exclude any student from the class for inappropriate/ bad behaviour.
- Students are responsible for their own property and bring items at their own risk. Just Move Dance Studio is not responsible for any lost, damaged or stolen items.
- Students are not permitted to use mobile phones during a class. Any mobile phones brought into the lesson is at the student’s own risk and these must be on silent.
Students are not permitted to leave the studio without permission from the teacher.
- Children of primary school age and under must be collected from inside the studio by a parent/carer or responsible adult. The teacher must be informed if collection is undertaken by persons other than the child’s parent or legal guardian.
- Food and drink should not be brought into the class with the exception of water.
Section 4: Miscellaneous and Data Protection
- All parents must complete the online enrolment form upon joining the school.
- A full term is based on 11-12 weeks. We try our best to coincide with school term dates. Termly fees are fixed and not adjusted.
- Due to poor attendance in previous years, classes will no longer run on public holidays or the air display.
- The School is affiliated by the I.S.T.D (Imperial Society Teachers of Dancing). Entry for any examination is at the discretion of the class teacher and Principal.
- A certain amount of risk is carried by any physical activity. Students taking part in any of our classes or events run by Just Move Dance Studio do so at their own risk.
The school timetable may be revised at any time but you will be notified by any changes via email.
- All members of Just Move Dance Studio are qualified and are DBS checked.
- All rehearsals and extra lessons for performances must be attended in order for participation to be permitted.
- To ensure the correct teaching of dance, physical contact may be necessary to guide students into the correct position. We will always make these corrections with care and respect of the student.
- Students will be selected for dance exams, competitions & teams at the principals discretion.
- The school timetable may be subject to change at any time. Parents/carers will be notified of any changes.
Section 5: Changes to the Terms and Conditions
- Just Move Dance Studio reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time for the benefit of the business, staff or participants.
- Customers are required to acknowledge their acceptance of the terms and conditions by checking the relevant box during online application.
- The term and conditions must be accepted in order to enrol in classes at Just Move Dance Studio.
- Completing and submitting the enrolment form, and/or attendance at class confirms your acceptance of our terms and conditions.