Terms and Conditions
Section 1: Fee Payment
- Fees are payable for a full pay period (full term) regardless of attendance unless explicitly arranged with the principal.
- Fees must be received before the beginning of a term or a 10% charge will be added to all accounts not paid. The student will not be able to attend classes until the invoice has been settled.
- A student may take one free trial session. If the student decides to join the class, an enrolment form must be completed. An invoice will be sent for the balance of the term remaining which is payable within 14 working days of the date of invoice. A £5 late payment fee will be incurred if payment is not received within this time frame.
- There is no refund if a student is absent from a class.
- On the rare occasion that a class is cancelled it will be rescheduled (usually during the school holidays). If it is not possible to reschedule, fees will be subtracted from the forthcoming term.
- If it is necessary to cancel a class due to adverse weather conditions or if a child cannot attend a class due to their participation in another Just Move Dance Studio performance/exam/event, class fees will not be refunded.
- If a student is asked to leave due to a breach in any of the conditions detailed within this document, they will not be refunded.
- The only method of payment is via online payment - an email will be sent with an invoice and a link.
- HALF A TERMS NOTICE in writing is required for cancellation of lessons. Half a term’s fees will be charged if notice is not given.
- Any extra classes such as exam coaching and private lessons will be in addition to the normal class fees.
Section 2: Uniform, Class Timing and Behaviour Etiquette
- Clean and tidy class uniforms are mandatory after a student’s first half-term of attendance. Girls must wear their hair neatly tied back for Jazz, Tap & Modern. Girls must have a neat classical bun with fringes clipped out of their face for Ballet.
- Jewellery items including watches must be removed before the lesson. Small studded earrings are permitted.
- Pupils are expected to arrive on time for their lessons. If late, they should enter the studio quietly. Early arrival is also to ensure they are then recorded on the register in case of a fire or evacuation.
- Students should be dressed and ready to start their class on time, and be collected promptly at the end. The principal/teacher is not able to provide supervision or accept responsibility for children outside of the lesson time.
- Students & parents are asked to wait quietly outside the Studio until their class begins.
- Students and parents/guardians are required to demonstrate mutually respectful behaviour to the teaching staff, fellow students and the halls. Poor behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in the student being asked to leave the School. Under no circumstances will bullying be tolerated and
- should be brought to the Principal’s attention immediately.
- The Principal reserves the right to exclude any student from the class for inappropriate/ bad behaviour
- Students are responsible for their own property and bring items at their own risk. Just Move Dance Studio is not responsible for any lost, damaged or stolen items.
- Students are not permitted to use mobile phones during a class. Any mobile phones brought into the lesson is at the student’s own risk and these must be on silent.
- Students are not permitted to leave the studio without permission from the teacher.
- Food and drink should not be brought into the class with the exception of water.
- Children of primary school age and under must be collected from inside the studio by a parent/carer or responsible adult. The teacher must be informed if collection is undertaken by persons other than the child’s parent or legal guardian.
Section 3: Miscellaneous and Data Protection
- All parents must fill in the enrolment form upon joining the school.
- The School is affiliated by the I.S.T.D (Imperial Society Teachers of Dancing). Entry for any examination is at the discretion of the class teacher and Principal.
- A certain amount of risk is carried by any physical activity. Students taking part in any of our classes or events run by Just Move Dance Studio do so at their own risk.
- The school timetable may be revised at any time but you will be notified by any changes via email.
- All members of Just Move Dance Studio are qualified and are DBS checked.
- All rehearsals and extra lessons for performances must be attended in order for participation to be permitted.
- To ensure the correct teaching of dance, physical contact may be necessary to guide students into the correct position. We will always make these corrections with care and respect of the student.
- Just Move Dance Studio retains the right to increase termly fees without prior notice.