Kimberley Ann's Theatre School (KATS) is committed to protecting your personal information. We are dedicated to providing a safe environment for all our customers and students and everybody who comes into contact with the school, both physically and virtually (online). This Privacy Statement addresses the use of any personal information provided to us through our portal or application forms, telephone, email, letters or correspondence.
Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and UK Data Protection Act 2018.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES KATS HAVE ABOUT ME?
When you register, enrol or sign up to any of KATS classes, activities, or events we may collect and store personal information about you. This can consist of information such as:
1. Your name
2. Email address
3. Postal address
4. Telephone or mobile number
5. Date of birth
6. Medical conditions
7. Contact preferences
8. Still and moving pictures
9. By submitting these details, you enable us to provide you with the information regarding classes or events that you have selected.
HOW WILL KATS USE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
1. We will use your information for a number of purposes including:
2. To provide you with information about our products, services and activities and to deal with your requests and enquiries, including complaints
3. To contact you in an emergency situation.
4. For class or event administration, which means that we may contact you in relation to activities you signed up for including invoicing.
5. To contact you about an enrolment or registration you have made
6. To contact you in regards to any safeguarding activities
7. Send you communications/publications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you, which may include information about new products, services, events, and activities
8. To post any relevant documents or merchandise you might require or have purchased.
As and when we need to use your personal information for reasons other than the ones specified above, we will ensure that we notify you first. You will be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
KATS does NOT share or sell your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
KATS MAY CONTACT YOU:
1. In relation to any class or activity you have enrolled or signed up for.
2. To remind you of important deadlines and/or renewal notifications
3. In relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about our services
4. To occasionally market products or services that we think may be of interest to you
We will not hold more information than required and will ensure all personal data is kept up to date and used only for its specific purpose(s) as outlined above.
WHAT IF I DO NOT WANT DATA STORED OR CONTACT REGARDING PRODUCTS SERVICES OR EVENTS?
You have the right to ask us not to hold or use personal data however this would mean we may not be able to provide you with the full range of services available.
You may opt-out of any personal data being stored should you decide to opt-out of any data storage you must:
1. Stay on the premises during all classes in case of an emergency.
2. Your child will not be able to take part in any events or activities outside of the normal class timetable as we will not be able to process the appropriate candidate information
Please note consent is not required for us to email regarding the class you are enrolled in (invoices, updates, cancellations etc) or regarding any enquires you may have contacted the school about as these fall under legitimate interest.
We may hold or use personal data on the grounds of ‘legitimate interest’. In simple terms this means we can process personal information if we have a genuine and legitimate reason and we are not harming any of your rights and interests. This includes information we are legally required to store even after a request to be forgotten:
1. Names and postal address related to invoices (MUST be kept as it is required for HMRC legal tax purposes)
2. Medical information is sensitive data and held on the grounds of legitimate interest. This data will only be processed and stored by KATS when completely relevant to ensure your child’s safety whilst participating in our activities. This data will be erased after request to be forgotten, or at any time if it becomes irrelevant
If you are under 18 and you provide us with information on an application form (online or printed), your parent(s)/guardian(s) permission will be required.
TAKING, STORING AND USING IMAGES OF STUDENTS
Certain uses of images are necessary for publicising and updating other parents of KATS services and activities. Parental consent is always required before any photograph can be taken. Ticking the photographic consent box on the portal registration allows KATS permission to use images of the student for marketing the school on:
1. Our website
2. Facebook page
4. Flyers, posters and programs
If consent is given for a still or moving image of your child to be used for any of the external marketing purposes, please be informed that these are public domains and can be viewed by anyone.
Should an image be used in any marketing publication, website or social media site there will be no use of names alongside images.
At any time consent can be withdrawn to the taking, storing or use of images by contacting the school principal.
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
If you engage with KATS on any of our social media platforms you should know that we do not collect your personal information it remains within the platform that we are using and so you should familiarise yourself with their privacy notices and policies of Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. KATS may use information you provide to share updates, news and events, in the form of customised online advertising. If you send us a direct message, your information still remains within the platform unless we ask you to provide us with your contact details to continue the conversation offline or privately, and you consent to do that.
HOW LONG WILL KATS KEEP MY PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
We keep the information we hold about our customers and students for as long as is necessary to deliver the services we are providing you with. After leaving the school we will keep any necessary data stored securely for one year after current use before deletion in correct manner.
The accuracy of your personal data is important to us and you hold the right to update any information held by us. Please help us keep our data records up to date by notifying the school principal.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have the right to request full access to any personal information held about you, if you wish to make a Data Access Request or if you would like to request the right for KATS to delete any personal data stored about you, please contact the school principal.
If you ask for data to be removed, please note we may have a lawful reason to hold or use personal data which does not require consent, such as on the grounds of legitimate interest. In this case we will keep the minimum amount of information required to ensure we adhere to your request.
This notice may be updated from time to time. If updated any substantial changes that affect your rights will be communicated directly to you as far as reasonably practicable.