CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
It is the policy of KVAD to ensure that every young person who is involved in the dance school do so in a safe environment and be protected from neglect, sexual, emotional and physical abuse.
- Anyone under the age of 18 will be considered as a child, for the purpose of this document.
- The welfare of the young person is paramount
- All children without exception have the right to be protected from abuse
- Suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
- To ensure that adults working with young people are also protected and aware of the best practice so they can be protected from wrongful allegations.
- Working in partnership with parents/guardians/carers/workers is essential for the protection of young people
- Confidentiality should be upheld in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Human Rights Act 1998.
KVAD shall not allow staff to have access to children or young people where there is any knowledge of that person or persons having any criminal conviction involving children or who are disqualified form working with children. KVAD will remind all employees of their duty to disclose such information, as required by the Criminal Justice and Court Services Act 2000.
HEALTH & SAFETY
1.When arriving for classes / exams / shows do not drop students off at the door, always ensure that a teacher is present in the studio. If you are not picking up your child please always inform the teacher of who is.
2.Whilst every care will be taken of students whilst in the dance class, teachers cannot be responsible for them outside of the class.
3.The teacher will not look after other children who are not involved in their class. If you bring brothers or sisters to the studio you must supervise them at all times.
4.Be aware in the car park of children running to and from class
5. For any child under the age of 12 to travel alone to or from class, KVAD must have a written confirmation.
6. We are always pleased to receive the views from parents / students on all aspects of safety at the dance school.
Dance is a physical activity where there is a risk of injury. KVAD will make a first aid kit available at all classes, exams and shows. The parents / guardians of the students should give permission for KVAD to provide simple medical aid for minor injuries, or to consult a doctor and / or the emergency services should the teacher feel it is necessary. You will of course be contacted immediately should injury / illness occur.
I/We will inform KVAD of any changes in circumstances that may affect the student’s health, safety or ability to dance.