Terms and Conditions
Once you have enrolled for classes at OTE Performing Arts Academy, you are hereby agreeing to the terms and conditions.
Fees and Payment Plan
- Fees are charged for each class enrolled per month
- OTE Performing Arts Academy does not accept cash, cheque or bank transfer payments for term fees.
- Fees will only be pro rata when a participant starts part-way through a term
- Fees cover weekly classes only and exclude additional rehearsals which may be required for extra opportunities such as shows rehearsals, mock exams or competition rehearsals
- A sibling discount will be applied to all younger siblings. For this scheme the second or any subsequent child of a family attending OTE will receive 10% deducted from their weekly class fees (excluding additional sessions that sit outside of weekly classes such as rehearsals). The first child is the child who attends the most classes. Classes must be booked together and discounts will be automatically applied). Due to COVID-19, sibling discount is currently suspended as our classes are limited in size due to the government’s OOSS ‘group bubble’ guidelines
- All fees are due before the first lesson on the term unless you have obtained prior consent from management.
- OTE Performing Arts Academy reserve the right to suspend enrolment until the balance is paid in full.
- Invoices for extra training and rehearsal classes are distributed on an ad-hoc basis and is not included in the payment plan for weekly classes.
- Refunds will not be given for non-attendance in respect of family holidays, school trips or short term sickness or injury.
- Instances of long-term sickness or injury will be assessed on an individual basis.
Changes to classes
- Students may request to change or add classes after enrolment in each term. All changes will be made at managements discretion.
- Any difference in class fees must be paid at the time of notification before the change or added classes will be confirmed.
- No classes will be held on Public Holidays unless there is an upcoming event e.g. show
- Class times are subject to change at the discretion of management.
Attendance, Cancellations and Credit
- A register for each class is maintained by the teacher and for the purposes of safety and security.
- OTE Performing Arts Academy reserves the right at any time during the term to ask participants to leave a class if any fees remain outstanding after the start of term.
- If a class is cancelled due to the sickness of the teacher, a health epidemic or any other unforeseen event, we will try to reschedule the class and postpone it to a later date. This may be on a different day and time from when the class was originally scheduled, and might involve an extension to the term time dates — no refunds will be given in this case. Where this occurs OTE will endeavour to give as much notice as possible and will notify parents either via the online dashboard, Facebook page, text or phone. If a class is unable to be rescheduled, a credit note will be raised.
Termination and withdrawal
- In the regrettable situation that a student wishes to withdraw from classes, written notification is required (this can be in the form of an email) a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the commencement of the next monthly fee for which notice is being given.
- Absence of notice or late notice for exceptional circumstances will be addressed on an individual basis.