Data Protection Policy
Pixie Studios strive to ensure that all data we receive, and hold is processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
Any data we hold is done so for specified purposes and not further processed, which reflects our commitment to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy has been created in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Legislation 2018.
We will never share personal information about you or your child with any third parties without obtaining your written consent.
Pixie Studios are the Data Controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation.
We collect personal information from you about your child in order to enrol them onto our services.
We hold this personal data to:
• Ensure we have up to date emergency contact details of parents
• Ensure appropriate support and care can be provided for your child
• Provide updates to you as parents/guardians
• Allocate children to classes/camp groups based on ages/abilities
• Track progress through use of teacher notes and records of exams taken
• Track orders of uniform
The information includes your child’s emergency contact details, any special educational needs your child may have and relevant medical information.
Data Protection Compliance Data Protection Officer:
In line with the GDPR we have designated Nicola Clift as our Data Protection Officer to take responsibility for data protection compliance within our organisation.
Should you wish to raise any queries with regards to personal data processing by Pixie Studios, please contact Nicola on 07971918349 or email via [email protected]
Data Controller/ Data Processor:
In relation to the personal data processed by Pixie Studios, we are the sole Data Controller and Data Processor.
We manage the information required and implement how it is collected, stored and updated.
• The right to be informed – You will be informed of any reasoning as to why we are requesting data from you. We will not ask you to provide any personal information without giving a valid reason for doing so.
• The right of access – You have the right to ask to see the data we have collected on you. Please contact the Designated Protection Officer (Nicola) for this.
• The right to rectification – if data is inaccurate, please make us aware so that we can amend it.
• The right to erasure – You have the right to have your data deleted and we will ensure this is done safely via shredding for paper documents and from all electronic storage.
• The right to restrict processing – Your personal data can be restricted to only essential archive documents. Should you decide to move on from your enrolment or employment with Candice Conway Theatre School and Camps, we will only store information that we have to legally store.
• The right to data portability – You have the right to request any teacher notes on your child to pass on to other schools/camps.
• The right to object – You have the right to object to any newsletters we may send or marketing emails/letters.
Data Processing Student Data Processing:
When you register with Pixie Studios, we request your Child’s name, Date of birth, Medical details, Address, Parent/Carer names, Phone numbers and Email addresses in order to enrol them onto our classes.
Parents are asked to provide these details in the relevant registration forms, which are then used to create class registers which are required by OFSTED.
Additionally, these details are used to contact parents/Carers whenever necessary about your own child.
Throughout your child’s time with us we may take photos or videos of them if you have given consent to do so on the initial registration forms.
These may be shared with parents via our social media page’s, again only if consent has been given to do so.
Occasionally we may use photos for advertising purposes and specific individual consent would be gained and stored prior to doing this.
Parents would provide consent if they wish to have professional photographs taken by an outside agency photographer in the lead up to shows.
If your child participates in one of the shows, we would take costume sizes in order to supply the appropriate costume in the correct size for your child.
We only store this information in the lead up to the show. We would share sizes with 3rd party providers when ordering costumes, however these are not linked to individual children’s details.
Staff Personal Data Processing
Staff are required to provide name, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, medical history, doctors information, bank account sort code, account number, name on account and emergency contact details so that we can carry out suitable DBS checks and be able to contact them regarding their working arrangements.
We also need emergency contact details should we ever need to contact someone on their behalf in the event of an emergency.
Submissions through our website come directly to our secure email address.
Booking forms for camps can be completed via the website and all of the details needed above are required on this platform as well.
Our software provider ‘Class Manager’ has access to this information and are compliant in all GDPR regulations.
Security and Data Breaches
All data is processed and stored in the U.K on one password encrypted computer, which is owned by Nicola Clift and monitored on a regular basis.
Hard copies of registers are printed prior to classes and camps.
These are handled only by Pixie Studios staff members and are kept in a safe place during all classes and camps.
Nicola Clift, as Data Protection Officer, takes responsibility for ensuring all registers and any documents containing personal information are collected back at the end of each day.
OFSTED regulations require these registers to be kept for 7 years and are done so in a secure locked file, all registers are then shredded and securely disposed of.
Data is not backed up externally as hard copies are only required.
If Pixie Studios ever believes a data breach may have occurred, we would notify those involved and the Information Commissioner’s Office within 72 hours.
We would submit a record of data processing which would entail what data has been breached, who this affects, the date this was detected and the actions to mitigate the issue.
We will never share personal information about your child to any third parties without obtaining your written consent.
If you want to receive a copy of the information we hold or share about your child, please contact our Data Protection Officer, Nicola Clift, on the information given above.