Section 1 - Fee Payment
1. Fees will be invoiced monthly in advance on the 1st of every month, ie. invoice dated the 1st June would be for July's classes.
2. Fees must be received within 7 days of receiving the invoice or a 10% surcharge may be added.
3. A student may take one class on a trial basis paying as they go. Should the student decide to join the class, they then pay the balance of the classes remaining in the billing period.
4. There are no refunds if a student is absent from a class and no reductions for part term attendance.
5. On the rare occasion that a class is cancelled, it will be rescheduled, usually during the school holidays. If it is not possible to reschedule, fees will be subtracted from the forthcoming invoice.
6. If it is necessary to cancel a class due to adverse weather conditions or if a student cannot attend a class due to their participation in another Sara Horner School of Dance performance/event, class fees will not be refunded.
7. If a student is asked to leave a class due to a breach of any of the conditions detailed within this document, they will not be refunded.
8. Payment for class fees is through Stripe, the Class Manager payment facility.
2 - Uniform
Class uniforms for child students will be discussed with the teacher. Class
uniforms are mandatory after a student's first half term of attendance. Adult
dancers are permitted to wear clothes that are suitable for movement ie. loose
fitting and supportive, with the correct dance shoes.
2. All students must wear their hair in a bun for all classes with fringes clipped out of their face. Students with short hair should wear an 'Alice' band.
3. If a student is wearing inappropriate footwear or clothing the student will not be permitted to participate in the class. No monies will be refunded.
4. Jewellery items (including watches), which the teacher feels may cause injury or feels inappropriate for the class must be removed or the student will not be permitted to participate in the class.
3 - Class Timing
1. Classes may run back to back on the timetable without a break. Students should be dressed ready to start their class before entering the hall and leave promptly at the end.
2. Students are asked to wait quietly outside the hall until their class begins.
4 - Conduct
Parents are not permitted to watch classes except in exceptional circumstances
at the discretion of the teacher.
2. Students are expected to demonstrate respectful behaviour towards their teacher and fellow students.
3. Students are not permitted to chew gum or eat whilst in class.
4. Students are responsible for their own property and bring items at their own risk.
5. Children are not permitted to use mobile phones during a class. Any mobile phones brought into the class must be switched off or on silent mode.
6. Children are not permitted to leave the studio during a class without permission from the teacher.
7. Children are not permitted to sit out of a class unless they become unwell or injured during the lesson or consent from the student's parent/guardian is given in advance.
Section 5 – Miscellaneous
1. All students must complete registration in their portal on the Class Manager software before joining Sara Horner School of Dance. Each student's 'Basic Information' and 'Additional Information' must be completed also.
2. Invoices and other materials are presented online via email or within your portal on the Class Manager Software. Students/Parents/Guardians should provide a valid email address for this purpose and ensure that such emails from Sara Horner School of Dance are not considered SPAM.
3. The school timetable and class venue may be revised at any time.
4. A certain amount of risk of injury is carried by any physical activity. Students taking part in any classes or events run by Sara Horner School of Dance do so at their own risk.
5. If a student becomes ill during class, we may feel it necessary to give first aid or call an ambulance. We ask your permission to do this. If you or your child is allergic to anything you must make us aware. We cannot administer medicine if prior arrangement has not been made with the teacher (e.g. asthma inhaler). Please inform us of any changes to medical information immediately.
6. It is sometimes necessary to make limited physical contact between teacher and student and student and student, during a dance class e.g. correct the alignment of the leg, the placement of the body or arm etc. We feel obliged to make you aware of this and for you to give your full permission for this to happen in order for your child to develop as a dancer.
7. We ask students to use the toilet before the class, however if they need to, we will allow them to go alone to the toilet or with a teacher, with another student or with another parent to assist. If you disagree with this arrangement, please stay in the building to take your child yourself.
8. Photographs and videos of students may be taken and used for promotion and on social media. If you do not want your child to be photographed or videoed, please let us know.
9. Children are not to be left by the parent or carer early before class without making prior arrangement with the teacher. The children are not the responsibility of the teacher until the time of their class.
10. Should a student wish to leave Sara Horner School of Dance, a written notice of half a term is required.