Surrey Dance School is
committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We only use personal information if we have an appropriate reason (lawful basis) to do so.
How do we collect information from you?
We may obtain information about you when you:
· complete an online registration form
· speak to us on the telephone or in person
· email us
· visit our website
· make a payment
· make a booking for an event, class or workshop
· complete a survey online or paper version
· sign up to a mailing list
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect may include your:
Name, date of birth/age, gender, home address, email address, telephone number, health or disability information (or other ‘special data’), emergency contact name, number and relation to you, dance teaching experience and/or skills
How is your information used?
We use your information to:
· process registrations that you have made for a class or event
· to contact you in an emergency situation
· notify you of changes to our services
· invite you to attend an event
· send you communications/publications, which may include information about new products, services, events, and activities
· handle an enquiry or complaint you have made
· seek your views or comments on the services we provide
How long is your information kept?
We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. In other areas of the business we hold your personal information on our systems, only for only as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
Who has access to your information?
We DO NOT sell or rent your information to other organisations.
We DO NOT buy or rent information from other organisations.
Please be reassured that we will not release your information to other organisations unless in exceptional cases when we are required to do so by law. In all other instances, we would only share your information with another party, if you have given your explicit permission to do so.
Other Third Party Providers
We use or may use in the future the following services. Please refer to provider Privacy Policies:
· MailChimp, to deliver our e-newsletters
· Eventbrite or similar for online ticketing and registration for events
· Google Analytics to monitor the traffic on our website
· Class Manager is used as a database system for all our students’ and customers’ details
· Zoom for online events and meetings
Social Media Platforms
If you engage with the SDS on any of our social media channels you should know that we do not collect your personal information it remains within the platform that we are using and so you should familiarise yourself with their privacy notices and policies: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Your choices and individual privacy rights
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post, email, or text message unless you have given your explicit permission. You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal information that the SDS holds about you. You also have the right to have your information erased, to object and to restrict processing. If you wish to do this please contact us.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. This privacy notice applies only to our website‚ so we encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit
Questions and complaints
Any questions regarding this Privacy Notice and our privacy practices should be sent by email to [email protected]
Privacy Notice review
We review this notice annually or as and when changes in legislation or internal procedures require it.
Last Updated: 17/12/20