The Academy Dance Studio Enrolment Terms and Conditions
As a condition of enrolment, by attendance and signing the enrolment form, pupils and parents agree to the following terms and conditions.
• Fees are due prior to the commencement of a class and you are required to pay on the stated payment dates – arrears will be subject to a 10 % late payment fee and discounts may be withdrawn.
• Internet Banking to: The Academy – Sort Code 60-12-35 - Account No: 32784538 with student’s full name for reference. Cash payments are no longer accepted.
• Fees are non-returnable, & will not be remitted for absence. One months’ notice in writing is required for cessation of attendance.
• New students have a four-week settling in period during which students can decide exactly which classes they would like to join. For this settling in period, classes can be paid on a ‘pay per class’ basis by bank transfer. Once the initial four weeks are up, fees are due on a monthly basis.
• Students cannot be considered for exams or performances unless fees are fully paid up to date.
• Entry into any exam session or competitive routines is at full discretion of the class teacher.
• During the school term, shows or exams, there may be times when photographs are being taken and videos are being made. It is therefore necessary to obtain consent from all concerned.
• It is essential that any changes on the enrolment /contact details are recorded immediately.
• It is your responsibility to ensure that The Academy is aware of all relevant medical conditions and that the student brings any relevant medications to class, e.g. inhalers, epi-pens etc. Please speak to the staff team if you have any concern.
• The Academy uniform is available to order from our online store please follow the link on our website. Uniform must be worn in all classes. Footwear should be appropriate for the class that they are attending and hair should be tied up neatly. Personalised tops, hoodies, leggings and jumpers are available to order by visiting www.rockthedragon.co.uk/the-academy/
• Our uniform consists of a leotard, colour and style depending on the age group, which should be worn for Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Gymnastic and acrobatic classes. Black leggings/joggers and our dance studio t-shirt can be worn for Street classes and Act 1 Theatre Group.
• New students are not expected to purchase uniform until they have completed their 4-week settling in period. During this time, they should wear clothes which are comfortable and safe to move in such as leggings, t-shirt etc.
• It is expected that teachers, parents/guardians and students are all treated with respect. There will be zero tolerance regarding behaviour before, during and after class. The Academy aims to have a warm, welcoming and friendly environment and so anybody who disrupts this will be asked to leave.
• Students are at all times, expected to respect the studio, teachers and fellow students.
• Children must arrive and be collected on time. Late arrival can not only be disruptive to the class, but also mean that the student misses the warm up, deeming participation in some classes unsafe.
• The school cannot take responsibility for any personal belongings on the premises.
• While the utmost care is taken to ensure the safety of students, a certain amount of risk is carried with all physical activity. Students take part in classes at their own risk.
Code of Conduct
The Academy Dance Studio states that any unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated, either within the Dance Studio or at any event/performance where The Academy is being represented. Unacceptable behaviour may result in the pupil's exclusion from the school. Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated off parents/carers or other family members and could result in parent/carers or family members been banned from events/performances. Unacceptable behaviour includes - swearing, spitting, fighting and derogatory comments towards others. Most importantly whilst at examinations/performances/events you are all ambassadors and representatives of The Academy and we expect you to behave in a manner showing this. You are encouraged to fully support your school and the dancers within it. Should any issues arise that are a cause for concern, please let Sam know and we will deal with the situation appropriately.
• Arrive on time
• Wear the appropriate footwear and dancewear
• Act in a polite and well-mannered fashion towards teachers and students
• No food in the studio
• Only capped water bottles allowed in the studio
• Ask if need permission to leave during a lesson
• No bad language to be used
Public Insurance Liability
The principal of The Academy has public liability insurance and the certificate is displayed in the waiting room. Any locum teacher who teaches classes will be either covered via this insurance or will have their own personal insurance.
If your child is more than ten minutes late then they will not be allowed to participate in the class as we will have warmed up by this point and it is not safe for your child to join a class without warming up.
After attending the dance school for one month you will be expected to wear the correct dance uniform. Students need to ensure they are wearing The Academy uniform to lessons, which can be bought directly from our online store’s links are available from our website. (Sainsburys ballet shoes are not accepted) To ensure health and safety is met during lessons students should not wear jewellery, tie their hair back and not chew gum during lessons.
Possible bad weather disruptions or cancellation of classes
In the event of bad weather, I will make a decision as early as possible as to cancel dance or not. Notices will be sent out via text and email. Notices will also be put on the school website and Facebook. The above procedure will also apply if lessons are cancelled for any other reason. Classes will then take place online or make up classes will be scheduled.
Attending other dance schools
I am happy for students to participate in other dance or performing art opportunities outside of the dance school. However, I would strongly advise students do not take lessons in the core subjects at other dance schools and also at mine as this causes confusion for the child as the techniques used may conflict. The core subjects are Ballet, Tap and Jazz and Theatre Craft. I also need to be made aware if your child is attending another dance school as it affects the pin number I give them for examinations. If your child’s commitments to another dance establishment starts to conflict with the ethos of The Academy your child will be asked to consider giving up lessons at one of the establishments.
If you wish to see copies of the principal’s/staff qualifications or DBS check please ask.