Please provide email and password to log in to the The Dance Studio & Tiny Ballerina portal
Terms & Conditions from September 2020 PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
A - Classes and payments
1. Class days, times, venues and prices are subject to change at any time with or without prior notice,
dependent upon the demands of the business.
2. Where classes are cancelled at short notice, we will do our best to e-mail and text or phone all those
listed on our system at the first opportunity. Please inform us if your contact details change.
3. A completed Registration Form must be handed in before or at your first class.
4. New Pupils may attend a trial class. At the end of this class you either enrol and pay for the term or
advise us if you do not wish to continue. If you choose not to continue at this point no charge will be
5. If classes are cancelled for any reason (i.e. unsafe roads, staff sickness etc) we will offer a
replacement class instead. Refunds are not provided for students’ sickness, injury, school trips, holidays
(including coronavirus) etc. In the case of long term sickness or injury please contact us to discuss as soon
as possible. In the case of adverse weather conditions students may attend another class of their choice
at any point during that term to make up for the cancelled class.
6 Tuition fees cover classes only, additional charges are made for dancewear, exams, performances etc.
These extras (with the exception of uniform) are optional and full details of costs will be provided in
7. All cheques should be made payable to ‘The Dance Studio. If a cheque you provide is returned by the
bank unpaid for whatever reason, replacement payment must be made to The Dance Studio immediately
along with a £20 fee. You may also pay by cash or bank transfer, the details of which are on your termly
invoice. If you wish to terminate lessons half a term’s written notice is required or you will be charged
half a term’s fees
B - Legal and emergencies
1. In the event of an evacuation of the building, students in the studio at the time of the alarm will be
immediately escorted out of the building via the nearest fire exit by the teacher and will assemble
outside. Any parents/guardians etc in the building should also evacuate as quickly as possible. Everybody
present in the building should make themselves familiar with the nearest fire exits.
2. First aid will be administered by a teacher if required in an emergency. If necessary, a
parent/guardian (and in extreme circumstances an ambulance) will be contacted in the event of injury or
3. The Dance Studio is only responsible for students while they are in the studio during their own class
times. Children cannot be supervised whilst they are outside the studio.
4. In the unlikely event that a student wishes to walk out of their class, the teacher will usually take all
reasonable measures to persuade him/her otherwise. However, it is illegal for anybody to forcibly detain
a child against his/her will. Parents retain parental responsibility for their children even when in class and
they must take responsibility for their child’s refusal to stay.
5. Dance and Acrobatic Dance involve inherent risks and hazards, as many physical activities do. In
attending our classes you accept all such risks, dangers, hazards and the possibility of personal injury,
property damage, or resulting loss. You release The Dance Studio and it’s staff of any and all liability.
6. It is important to understand that dancing is a physical art. In order to help and facilitate the
student’s learning, teachers will sometimes physically guide a movement by touch, as well as assist in
stretching or physically supporting (particularly in Acro). This will be in a professional manner.
7. The Dance Studio has more detailed policies on Child Protection, Customer Service, Equal
Opportunities and Health & Safety, which are available to view on request.
8. Where a child is not collected after their class and the building is being closed, a member of staff will
wait with the child and try to contact the parent. If classes are still going on they may wait quietly in the
studio until the parent arrives.
9. It is acceptable for parents to leave the premises whilst their children are in class and then return to
collect them at the end. By agreeing to these conditions we assume the parent is satisfied with the class
environment and is happy to do so.
10. If younger children need the toilet during the class they will be escorted there and back by a class
helper who is usually one of our Senior students, not a teacher. Older children are allowed to go by
themselves. If you require a different arrangement please contact me otherwise we will assume this is
C - Dancewear and appearance
1. For the first few lessons, casual clothes that allow freedom of movement are acceptable. Students
are expected to purchase the full, correct uniform within a few weeks , which they should then wear for
2. It is recommended that students purchase uniform from The Dance Studio online shop to ensure the
correct items, sizes and shades are purchased, this is compulsory for some items. Our prices are very
reasonable and always below the RRP.
3. When purchasing dancewear from The Dance Studio online shop, parents/guardians should ensure they fit the student correctly before they wear the items for class or take them away. Returns/exchanges
can only be made where an item is completely unworn, undamaged and in its original undamaged
packaging. Orders, returns and exchanges are managed by International Dance Supplies, therefore, any
refunds or returns would need to go through them.
4. All medium to long hair should be appropriately tied back. Children may not wear jewellery or
watches in class. One pair of small earring studs are acceptable for classes but not for exams or
performances. Any other visible jewellery should be removed or covered with a plaster/surgical tape to
D - Miscellaneous
1. All personal details are treated as confidential and only shared within the school, track and trace, or
appropriate persons e.g. staff and examining societies.
2. Any student with an injury should inform the teacher before the class begins so that no potentially
harmful exercises are undertaken.
3. At times when the teacher is in need of a toilet break students may be left for a few minutes
unsupervised although a parent or other helper (e.g. senior student) will be asked to sit in briefly for
classes of younger students.
4. Photographs and video clips of the students are occasionally taken in class for publicity purposes,
e.g. website, social media etc. If any parents/guardians would prefer their child not to be included in
these, they should inform the Principal directly otherwise we will assume this is permissible
5. If a child student has any part of their body in plaster they must wait until it is removed before
returning to classes unless the parent confirms in writing that the Doctor has advised it is safe to take
part in classes (in this case a sling must be worn if the fingers or arm are broken, for other students’
safety). The Dance Studio should be contacted to advise of the injury at the first available opportunity.
. Any unwell students that are contagious must not attend classes until after the incubation period.
Students that are not well enough to dance (or are injured) but are well enough to attend are encouraged
to do so in order that they may ‘mark’ or watch exercises to help ensure they don’t fall behind.
7. If you wish to make a formal complaint, please e-mail [email protected] Wherever
possible complaints will be acknowledged within 3 working days of their receipt If the complaint is not
resolved to the complainant’s satisfaction they reserve the right to withdraw their child from The Dance
Studio as per our class cancellation procedure.
8. Acceptance of these terms Your payment, and your child’s attendance of the classes, act as your
acceptance of the terms and conditions stated above. It is your responsibility to regularly check the
terms and conditions on our website, as they may alter from time to time.
The information that you have provided in this registration form is used by The Dance Studio so that we can contact you regarding classes and events, as well as ensuring that we are able to contact you in an emergency. The information is stored on encrypted devices which are accessible by the staff of The Dance Studio only. More information regarding how we use your data can be found in our Terms and Conditions.It is essential that we hold your current contact details as well as any medical information relative to your childs welfare whilst attending our school. If any information changes, you are required to update your account on the portal so our records are up to date. Failure to update or not provide relevant information may result in us not being able to contact you should an emergency arise. If you have any queries about us holding your information, then please contact us, but please be assured that the information provided will be kept safe and only used for contacting you and will not be provided to any third party which is not relevant to the school activities.https://www.thedancestudioherts.co.uk/registration-form-data/