Terms & Conditions from September 2022 PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
A - Classes and payments
1. Class days, times, venues and prices are subject to change at any time with or without prior notice, dependent upon the demands of the business.
2. Where classes are cancelled at short notice, we will do our best to e-mail, text or phone all those listed on our system at the first opportunity. Please inform us if your contact details change.
3. A registration on the portal must be completed before the pupil's first class.
4. New Pupils may attend a trial class. At the end of this class you either enrol and pay for the term or advise us if you do not wish to continue. If you choose not to continue at this point no charge will be made.
5. If classes are cancelled for any reason (i.e. unsafe roads, staff sickness etc) we will offer a replacement class instead. Refunds are not provided for students’ sickness, injury, school trips, holidays (including coronavirus) etc. In the case of long term sickness or injury please contact us to discuss as soon as possible. In the case of adverse weather conditions students may attend another class of their choice at any point during that term to make up for the cancelled class.
6 Tuition fees cover classes only, additional charges are made for dancewear, exams, performances etc. These extras (with the exception of uniform) are optional and full details of costs will be provided in advance.
7. All cheques should be made payable to ‘The Dance Studio. If a cheque you provide is returned by the bank unpaid for whatever reason, replacement payment must be made to The Dance Studio immediately along with a £20 fee. You may also pay by cash or bank transfer, the details of which are on your termly invoice. If you wish to terminate lessons half a term’s written notice is required or you will be charged half a term’s fees
B - Legal and emergencies
1. In the event of an evacuation of the building, students in the studio at the time of the alarm will be immediately escorted out of the building via the nearest fire exit by the teacher and will assemble outside. Any parents/guardians etc in the building should also evacuate as quickly as possible. Everybody present in the building should make themselves familiar with the nearest fire exits.
2. First aid will be administered by a teacher if required in an emergency. If necessary, a parent/guardian (and in extreme circumstances an ambulance) will be contacted in the event of injury or illness.
3. The Dance Studio is only responsible for students while they are in the studio during their own class times. Children cannot be supervised whilst they are outside the studio.
4. In the unlikely event that a student wishes to walk out of their class, the teacher will usually take all reasonable measures to persuade him/her otherwise. However, it is illegal for anybody to forcibly detain a child against his/her will. Parents retain parental responsibility for their children even when in class and they must take responsibility for their child’s refusal to stay.
5. Dance and Acrobatic Dance involve inherent risks and hazards, as many physical activities do. In attending our classes you accept all such risks, dangers, hazards and the possibility of personal injury, property damage, or resulting loss. You release The Dance Studio and it’s staff of any and all liability.
6. It is important to understand that dancing is a physical art. In order to help and facilitate the student’s learning, teachers will sometimes physically guide a movement by touch, as well as assist in stretching or physically supporting (particularly in Acro). This will be in a professional manner.
7. The Dance Studio has more detailed policies on Child Protection, Customer Service, Equal Opportunities and Health & Safety, which are available to view on request.
8. Where a child is not collected after their class and the building is being closed, a member of staff will wait with the child and try to contact the parent. If classes are still going on they may wait quietly in the studio until the parent arrives.
9. It is acceptable for parents to leave the premises whilst their children are in class and then return to collect them at the end. By agreeing to these conditions we assume the parent is satisfied with the class environment and is happy to do so.
10. If younger children need the toilet during the class they will be escorted there and back by a class helper who is usually one of our Senior students, not a teacher. Older children are allowed to go by themselves. If you require a different arrangement please contact me otherwise we will assume this is acceptable.
C - Dancewear and appearance
1. For the first few lessons, casual clothes that allow freedom of movement are acceptable. Students are expected to purchase the full, correct uniform within a few weeks , which they should then wear for all classes.
2. It is recommended that students purchase uniform from The Dance Studio online shop to ensure the correct items, sizes and shades are purchased, this is compulsory for some items. Our prices are very reasonable and always below the RRP.
3. When purchasing dancewear from The Dance Studio online shop, parents/guardians should ensure they fit the student correctly before they wear the items for class or take them away. Returns/exchanges can only be made where an item is completely unworn, undamaged and in its original undamaged packaging. Orders, returns and exchanges are managed by International Dance Supplies, therefore, any refunds or returns would need to go through them.
4. All medium to long hair should be appropriately tied back. Children may not wear jewellery or watches in class. One pair of small earring studs are acceptable for classes but not for exams or performances. Any other visible jewellery should be removed or covered with a plaster/surgical tape to ensure safety
D - Behaviour
1. The Dance Studio prides itself on providing a safe and happy learning environment with enjoyment and education being at the root of all our classes. Our behaviour policy exists to maintain this environment and enable our students to reach their full potential. Rude or disruptive behaviour within the school will not be tolerated in any way. Teachers and the School Management reserve the right to ask pupils to leave the class at any time, if they feel that their behaviour is disturbing the enjoyment and education of other pupils.
If any member of staff feels that the behaviour of an individual is continuously disruptive or in breach of this behaviour policy, the management will be informed and the pupil concerned may be asked to leave the school.
E - Miscellaneous
1. All personal details are treated as confidential and only shared within the school, track and trace, or appropriate persons e.g. staff and examining societies.
2. Any student with an injury should inform the teacher before the class begins so that no potentially harmful exercises are undertaken.
3. At times when the teacher is in need of a toilet break students may be left for a few minutes unsupervised although a parent or other helper (e.g. senior student) will be asked to sit in briefly for classes of younger students.
4. Photographs and video clips of the students are occasionally taken in class for publicity purposes, e.g. website, social media etc. If any parents/guardians would prefer their child not to be included in these, they should inform the Principal directly otherwise we will assume this is permissible
5. If a child student has any part of their body in plaster they must wait until it is removed before returning to classes unless the parent confirms in writing that the Doctor has advised it is safe to take part in classes (in this case a sling must be worn if the fingers or arm are broken, for other students’ safety). The Dance Studio should be contacted to advise of the injury at the first available opportunity.
6. Any unwell students that are contagious must not attend classes until after the incubation period. Students that are not well enough to dance (or are injured) but are well enough to attend are encouraged to do so in order that they may ‘mark’ or watch exercises to help ensure they don’t fall behind.
7. If you wish to make a formal complaint, please e-mail [email protected] . Wherever possible complaints will be acknowledged within 3 working days of their receipt. If the complaint is not resolved to the complainant’s satisfaction they reserve the right to withdraw their child from The Dance Studio as per our class cancellation procedure
Acceptance of these terms: Your payment, and your child’s attendance of the classes act as your acceptance of the terms and conditions stated above. It is your responsibility to regularly check the terms and conditions on our website, as they may alter from time to time.